or phone or laptop, just adjust the size to suit.
- In green chain the width of your tablet/phone/laptop.
- sc in 2nd chain from hook and each link in the starting chain.
- 2 more sc in the last chain to take you around the corner and then start to work down the opposite side of the starting chain without flipping the work.
- sc in each chain down the opposite side.
- 1 additional sc in the final chain.
- you should now have something resembling the diagram below – a chain with an sc in each side and 3 sc in each end chain.
- continue working in a spiral. 1 sc into the back loop only of each stitch. Round and round until the green section is ~1/4 the height of your tablet.
- change colour to pink and continue in the same way until the piece covers your tablet.
- finish with a round of reverse single crochet, fasten off and weave in the ends.
For the seeds use black crochet thread and a 2mm hook:
- chain 11
- sc in 2nd chain from hook
- sc, hdc, hdc, dc, dc, hdc, hdc, sc, sc
- turn the work without flipping so you work down the opposite side of the starting chain.
- sc, sc, hdc, hdc, dc, dc, hdc, hdc, sc, sc
fasten off and use tails to sew on to body. It is best to sew the seeds on while the cover is on the item so that it sits correctly when stretched.
This is a free pattern & you can sell any items you make from it – I wish you huge success. It is not required but you would make me very happy if you included a link to this pattern in any blog posts / item listings / etc. Writing and testing a crochet pattern is hard work and I retain copyright of the images and the written pattern so please do not copy or distribute any part of this pattern and do not use these images in your listings – use only images of the actual items you create. Thank you and happy crocheting.