Version 2 of the colourful hat turned out to be not so colourful. I realised about two thirds through that this was going to turn out a bit too small for me. Instead of unravelling I finished it and I know a small someone I can give it to for Christmas. I had planned on using the fluorescent yellow pom pom for this hat but instead went with something more likely to be liked by the recipient. I have vague plans for a v3 for myself using the yellow pom pom. I’m going to stick with this stitch – a variation on hdc – very squashy and stretchy and no classic crochet gaps.
I also like how neat and tidy the inside of the hat turned out: